PTA purchased and installed larger fans for the cafeteria.
Jul 15 2020
Jun 04 2020
Our CPK fundraiser will be ending next week on June 9, 2020. With every order we make at CPK, 20% of your check will be donated back to our PTA. Reminder to bring your Liholiho CPK card, which is valid at the Kahala Mall and Ala Moana locations for dine-in*, takeout and catering purchases (not valid for third party delivery).
*Kahala Mall CPK anticipates opening their dine-in service this Friday, June 5, 2020; and Ala Moana CPK anticipates opening their dine-in service on June 9, 2020.
Thank you for your continued support!
May 06 2020
The teachers and staff truly miss the students! The Covid-19 pandemic has caused our school to develop the following procedures to pick up your child’s school supplies. Our school has scheduled a specific date and time for parents/guardians from each grade level, to pick up their child’s packed school supplies and personal items. Multi-sibling families have May 21 to pick-up items. If your child has medication in the health room, Mrs. Norman, will place your child’s prescribed medication in a package attached to, or in the pick-up bag. We ask parents/guardians to return library books, class materials or equipment (except chrome books) in a bag with your child’s name, grade level and teacher’s name on it. Kindly give the returned items to Mr. Rocky at his table. Mr. Nakashima will inform parents when borrowed chrome books are to be returned.
*Note: Only one car per family will be allowed in the lot. Do not leave the car and keep social distance. All parents and students must wear masks. If you are walking to school, staff will bring the pick-up bag to the 8th Ave. sidewalk.
The following are the school’s pick up procedures:
- Cars will enter 8th Ave. from Maunaloa Ave. and line up in a single file. Placard with your child’s name should be placed on the right side of the car’s front window. Staff will allow 5 cars to enter the parking lot. Our “Senior JPOs” Mr. Murray, Mr. Patinio, Coach Holden and Mr. Troy will direct the cars on 8th Ave and in the parking lot.
- Cars will proceed to the package pick-up tables where you will inform Ms. Sheri where you want the package placed (i.e. trunk/back seat). Also return any items. *Note: Your child’s grade level teachers want to wave and give air hugs to their students from a distance! Teachers will be 15 feet away from the car line up. Area is taped off and teachers will stay behind the tape. Kindly do not stop to talk story.
- Cars will follow the exit path after the package is picked up and items returned.
|Friday, May 8||Grade K|
|9:00 a.m. Mr. Marsh||9:30 a.m. Mrs. Uehara|
|10:00 a.m. Mrs. Wong||10:30 a.m. Mrs. Arakaki|
|11:00 a.m. Mr. Yasuda||11:30 a.m. Ms. Fong|
|12:00 p.m. Ms. B |
|12:30 p.m. Mrs. Kaya|
|Tuesday, May 19||Grade 2|
|9:00 a.m. Mrs. Saiki||9:30 a.m. Ms. Johnson|
|10:00 a.m. Ms. Moon||10:30 a.m. |
|11:00 a.m. Ms. Okazaki||11:30 a.m. Mrs. Darcey|
|12:00 p.m. Mrs. Kessler|
|Wednesday, May 20||Grade 4|
|9:00 a.m. Mr. Serve||9:30 a.m. Mrs. Wingert|
|10:00 a.m. Mrs. Chun|
|Wednesday, May 27||Grade 5||2020 Graduation & Pick-up Drive Through|
|*Gr. 5 teachers will send schedule|
|Thursday, May 21||Multiple Siblings|
A-L (Last Name)
M-Z (Last Name)
Mar 28 2020
Aloha Liholiho families!
On behalf of the PTA board, I hope you and your family are doing well during this ever-changing and challenging time. March has been a long month and many families are in situations they never planned for. With that said, below is a list of a few of the many resources available to families. Please remember, we are all in this together and this too shall pass. May April be a short pleasant month!
Stay safe and healthy,
Heather Florendo, Liholiho PTA president
Liholiho Student Bookmarks
Liholiho Continuous Learning Page
Hawaii State Dept of Education Resource Page
HIDOE Virtual Learning Parent Resource
HIDOE At Home Learning Choice Boards
Hawaii State PTSA
HI State PTSA COVID 19 Resource page
National PTA COVID-19 Resource Page
Articles on everything parents want to know https://www.parents.com/
Video conferencing https://zoom.us/
Video conferencing https://www.skype.com/en/
Smithsonian Museum https://www.si.edu/
Mar 01 2020
Here’s what to do:
Between Saturday, March 14, 2020 and Sunday, March 22, 2020, find sponsors
who will pledge a certain amount of money for every minute that you read. Add the sponsor’s name and pledge to the pledge sheet.
• All reading counts, whether you are reading by yourself, reading to
someone else, or having someone read to you. Read as much as you can.
• Small pledges are appreciated as much as large ones. Sponsors can indicate a maximum pledge.
For 9 days, from Saturday, March 14, 2020 thru Sunday, March 22, 2020, READ,
READ,READ! Use the Reading Log to keep track of your minutes.
After March 22rd, total your minutes and collect your pledges. Place the Pledge
Sheet & donations in an envelope labeled with name & “PTA Read-a-Thon” and
hand it into your teacher by MONDAY, April 6th.
As an EXTRA incentive, students who have the MOST MINUTES read or
DOLLARS RAISED will be the recipients of the following awards:
• The top 10 students with the most minutes read will have a yummy Pizza Lunch with Mrs. Small.
• The student with the most dollars raised overall will be honored as “Principal of the Day” and shadow Mrs. Small and run the school!
Please email: email@example.com if you have questions.
Feb 13 2020
Feb 08 2020
Jan 11 2020
Registration is now open for the Winter session for the after school soccer program with Hawaii 808 Soccer Club.
Jan 04 2020
Visit the Extracurricular Programs & Activities page on the PTA Liholiho Laulima site (http://liholiholaulima.org) for Spring 2020 flyers for Rainbow Art, Bricks 4 Kidz, Q Golf School and Hip Hop.