Hello Liholiho Laulima,
If you are free for a couple of hours on Saturday morning (March 3 from 8am to 10am), please join us in a beach cleanup at Oneula Beach Park (aka Hau Bush).
Reasons to come:
1. It will help our environment. Trash on our beaches is harmful to our ocean friends. Marine animals can mistake trash for food or become entangled in them. A littered beach is also an eyesore.
2. It can be a teaching moment to kids – to help them be aware of the impact of litter in our communities and the importance of recycling and reducing waste.
3. You can connect with other Liholiho families. We don’t often have the opportunity to get to know one another.
4. You can feel good about it. Studies have shown that volunteering can help improve mood and health. :)
5. Make a difference. You may feel like one person cannot make a difference, but if everyone felt that way, imagine what the world would be like!
Sign-up by filling out the online form: https://goo.gl/forms/sk1NLratyp6WhLsC2
You must also sign a waiver which we will have available at the clean-up site.
Directions to Oneula Beach Park: https://goo.gl/maps/BEReeVEi1cL2.
What to bring: covered shoes, sunscreen, bottle/flask with water, trash grabbers, fishing nets to sift rubbish from the sand, and a smile! Gloves and trash bags will be provided.
Don’t forget to wear your Liholiho School T-shirts.
Parents will be responsible for supervision of their children.