Below you will find the 2013 merchants and discounts offered from Nov. 1 — Nov.3 at the Ward Centers! These discounts are available to you (and others) with the purchase of a $10 savings passport! Thank you!
During the weekend running from Fri. Nov. 1 to Sun. Nov. 3, Ward Centers will be having their annual “Festival of Giving”! For only $10, you can purchase a 3-Day Savings Passport that will give you big discounts at stores and restaurants in Ward Warehouse and Ward Center. And what’s even better is that 100% of the funds raised, we get to keep!
So order one for yourself, other family members, friends, and neighbors! Attached you will find an order form that will be sent home in your child’s Thursday folder and also a copy of LAST year’s brochure. The brochure will give you a general idea of the discounts that are being offered (it should be relatively similar) and when we receive the 2013 brochure, we’ll be sure to update this page!
EDIT: The latest 2013 merchant and discount brochure below has been updated!
Liholiho Elementary School is collecting the plastic covers from water bottles, sports drinks and soda containers. Those plastic bottle caps are often times thrown away and they end up in our ocean. Birds bring them back to their nests and feed them to their young. The plastic caps also wash up on our shores and break down into tiny pieces of plastic and they pollute our beautiful shores.
Accepted are caps and lids with the symbol 2 (HDPE), 4 (LDPE) or 5 (PP). These include caps from drinks, shampoo, food products, detergent, medicine, supple-ments, spray cans, toothpaste and coffee cans.
Not accepted are metal, Styrofoam or clear lid covers from drinking cups, pumps or sprayers, and any caps that are dirty.
Please rinse them out and bring them to Liholiho and we will be happy to recycle them. Please don’t throw them away. You can send them in with your child and label it: “To: Mrs. Johnson” or place them in my mailbox in the school office.
Dear Liholiho Elementary School,
This is an importance notice that Foodland’s Give Aloha program will be extended by one day! All Foodland, Sack N Save and Foodland Farms stores will accept donations through tomorrow tonight, October 1st — at store’s closing or midnight, if a 24-hour store.
We encourage you to spread the word to your supporters, and be sure to remind them that donations must be made with a Maikai card.
Community Relations Manager
Liholiho Give Aloha Code is 77919!
Here are copies of the 4 flyers that you should have received in your child’s Thursday folder yesterday.
1. Spirit Week - This event starts on MONDAY! From Sep. 30 — Oct. 4, students will be able to show their Liholiho spirit and pride by dressing up and participating each day of the week!
2. CPR/AED Class — This class is being held at Waialae School on Thursday, Oct. 17 from 6:30PM — 8:00PM and you will be able to learn practice HANDS-ONLY CPR and the AED machine.
3. Halloween Costume Swap — Bring in your old costume and trade it in for a new one. It saves a bunch of money! See flyer for more details.
4. Give Aloha — September 30 is the last day to participate in this event! Foodland will match a percentage of your monetary donation to Liholiho, which makes this fundraiser great!
Just a friendly reminder that the deadline for the Fun Fair 2014 T-shirt design contest is on Friday, October 4th! Next week Friday!
Have your child create and design their own Fun Fair themed t-shirt that will be worn by students and adults before, during, and after the school’s Fun Fair!
- Students will use an 8.5” x 11” paper and may ONLY use a black marker to submit their t-shirt design. They may sketch it out with a pencil first and then trace over it with a black marker.
- Full name, grade level, and teacher must be written on the back of submission in pencil and drawing should be submitted to Liholiho PTA Fun Fair.
- The winner will receive a free t-shirt with their very own design on it!
- Liholiho friends and families will be able to pre-order their own custom designed Fun Fair 2014 shirts sometime after the contest but before the Fun Fair!
Questions? Contact Us! Thank you!
We hope you had a good weekend. Attached are some flyers that came home in your child’s Thursday folder. We have posted it here for your convenience. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
We are currently in the process of putting together a great Fun Fair for the students, families, and community! So far it has been going well, however, we do need help in asking if anyone is a DJ or has a sound system that can be used for the fair. The music playing and announcements made will provide a more festive and fun atmosphere on Feb. 22, 2014!
If you are or do know of someone who can help us, please contact us here. Thank you for your time and have a great night!
During September, Maika‘i customers are invited to make a donation of up to $249 (per person, per organization) at checkout. Foodland matches a portion of each donation. This year, Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match each donation up to a total of $350,000 for all organizations combined.
Last year we raised a total of $9,800 from donations with a matching $2,200 donation! We hope to exceed that goal this year!
Click on the flyer AND video below for more information!!! Thank you for your donation as it will help support many important programs here at Liholiho!
Just a friendly reminder that the PTA Chuck E. Cheese night is tonight from 4PM — 8PM. 15% of all proceeds that are collected at two of their cash registers will go towards the school to help fund equipment and other needed items!
Don’t forget to bring your 10 free tokens flyer that was in your child’s Thursday folder a few weeks back!
If there are any questions, please let us know and we hope to see you there tonight!